With the start of a new school year for the Grandview Heights School District, the Education Foundation wishes a successful new year to all! May our teachers and administrators be inspired and our parents and students reinvigorated!
Our congratulations to the school district for its recent marks in the revamped State of Ohio report card grading. The district received six "A"s and three "B"s and the highest Performance Index score in Central Ohio! We commend the hard work of all who made this possible.
Save the date of February 22, 2014 for the annual Gala. This year it will be at the Walter Commons at St. Charles. Berwick Catering will be providing a delicious dinner and dance to the sounds of SWAGG. It promises to be an exciting night of seeing old friends, meeting new people and having fun!
The Board of Trustees next meetings will be held on September 9, 2013.
Foundation Grants approved at the June 10, 2013 meeting
- Circle of Grandparents- Adopt a Classroom
- GHHS Photography Classroom Equipment
- RLS and EIMS All Arts Days
- GHHS Legally Blonde musical
Additional 2013 Foundation Grants
- RLS Touch, Type & Swipe
- EIMS Resourse Room Technology
- EIMS Special Needs Tech Toolbox
- GHHS Interactive Whiteboard
- GHHS Biology: Digital Microscope
- 3rd grade Blended Learning / Technology
- 6th grade 21st Century Classrooms
- Senior English Legacy Library
- GHHS Musical - Pit Orchestra
- Community Recycling Program
- FIRST-Donor Designated
Also, five Mirolo scholarships totaling $20,000 to 2013 GHHS graduates planning to attend The Ohio State University. These scholarships were made possible by a Grant from The Mirolo Charitable Foundation.