Thank you for your interest in the Grandview Heights/Marble Cliff Education Foundation.
Since its inception in 1991, the Grandview Heights/Marble Cliff Education Foundation has strived to build an endowment to fund school and community projects. The Endowment is focused on awarding grants for programs that:
- expand educational opportunities
- promote school, family, business and community partnerships
- encourage life-long learning
Save the date for the 2016 Gala!
Next year's Gala planning is already underway. Co-Chairs Farrah Chrstos and Kristi Jump are planning another wonderful event, to be held next year at the Columbus Athenaeum with The Conspiracy Band on April 30, 2016. We hope to see you there.
Our annual Education Foundation Gala was held on February 21, 2015 and was a rousing success! Attendance was a new high of over 300 people. Thanks to our Sponsors, Donors and Attendees, we raised over $75,000! Please see the Donor page for the listing of these generous members of our community.
2015 Gala Valedictorian Sponsors and links:
The Arlington Bank Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing
2015 Gala Salutatorian Sponsors:
Resource Interactive/Ammirati and Cardinal Health
2015 Foundation Grants
Over the past 24 years we have awarded more than $600,000 to benefit education in our community. Due to the success of the 2015 Gala, the Foundation was able to approve an unprecedented $98,000 in grants at the May 11, 2015 Board of Trustees meeting. A description of the grants awarded is listed as follows:
- Grandview Heights Public Library, $2,000 to purchase 4 guitars and equipment to create a guitar lending library
- GHHS Chemistry, $2,207 to purchase 26 new chairs for the lab
- GHHS and Larry Larson Middle School Vocal Music, $2,345 to purchase audio visual technology for the choir room
- Edison Elementary and Larry Larson Middle School Intervention Specialists, $9,000 to purchase 21 new Chromebook laptops
- Larry Larson Middle School, $14,054 to purchase communication and production equipment to support student-operated Bobcat TV
- GHHS Health & Wellness Project, $25,000 in support of the new Wellness Project to expand the high school fitness center and to support the new Health and Wellness curriculum
- $42,000 to pilot three 21st Century Classroom redesigns - one for each school
Please see the Grants page for prior year grants awarded by the Grandview Heights/Marble Cliff Education Foundation.